What’s Up for the Rest of the Year
While we’ve been fairly inactive (at least with playing shows), we’ve been busy getting other affairs in order. So in case you’re wondering what we’ve been up to, here ya go:
We took off the month of August to spend some much needed time with our friends and loved ones. Springs has also been busy with work and will be out of town for most of September and into October. Matt and I are gearing up to go back to school in 2014 so we can be cool like Springs and have adult jobs.
We started slowing down with shows in the Spring and began focusing on getting prepared for a handful of split 7” releases. We will be back to playing shows again right before FEST 12!
- Oct 27th - Virginia Beach, VA @ Smoked Out for TOBEYFEST with the likes of The Menzingers, The Fake Boys, Candy Hearts, Luther, Turnover, Daylight, and a special surprise headliner! [link]
- Oct 28th - Asheville, NC @ The Odditorium; our record release for the Break-Ups split 7”! Featuring our good buds in The Fake Boys and Candy Hearts. [link]
- THE FEST! Nov 2nd - Gainesville, FL @ Loosey’s from 8:50p - 9:20p, along with Tiny Empires (members of O’Pioneers and New Bruises), Late Bloomer, Grievers, Crimes, No Weather Talks, and The Young Leaves!
- THE FEST! Nov 3rd - Gainesville, FL @ CMC from 1:50p - 2:20p, Matt will be playing an acoustic set! Along with Jesse Litwa of Broadcaster, Max Stern of Signals Midwest, Julie Karr, Born Without Bones, Onward Etc., and many others.
And some updates on our upcoming releases:
- The split 7” with Break-Ups is done and shipping now! Go grab one from Tour Van Records. We will have our copies very soon!
- The split 7” with The Fake Boys (Bitter Melody Records) should be finished soon and it looks like we’ll have copies by the end of October!
- In addition to the Fake Boys split, Bitter Melody is releasing a lathe cut of an acoustic track, "Funeral Mixtape" exclusively for FEST 12! The full-band version of which will be on the Fake Boys split.
- Hopefully, test presses for the split 7” with Late Bloomer (Kiss of Death Records) will be on their way soon. This release may or may not be available at Fest, but we’ll keep everyone posted as we know more. We’re just excited to be working with the folks at KOD! <3
- UK fans will be getting two exclusive splits from us, both via Speedowax Records. The first one is with NYs Control Group and is available for preorder! The second one is still in the works, so we’re keeping a tight lid on the details for now.
- Possibly some of the most exciting news we’ve had the chance to give you: Germany’s very own Coffeebreath & Heartache will be re-releasing our debut full-length SPITE in Europe. We couldn’t be feel more excited and accomplished by this. Hopefully we’ll get to give you more details on this development soon!
That about wraps it up for now. We have no plans for touring at the moment, but don’t worry, we can’t stay away from the road for long. <3
Long live the broken heart!
- Jordan / Old Flings
Name Your Price for “Spite”
Because touring ain’t cheap, but we want you to have our music, we listed our album on Bandcamp as “Name Your Price.” So, if you have a few bucks to spare, or even no bucks at all, go download our album and fall in-and-out love with us.Enjoy! PS. Please reblog!
Second press of Spite is now available! Unfortunately, it does not come with this Ride the Lightning poster.
But, it is super limited to only 200 copies, so hop on the second train to SPITESVILLE fast!!
And the last one, “Spite” with a special little interlude. Thanks again to everyone who made our record release so special!
Another video from our buddy Chris Stinnett. Here’s “Grip” from our LP Spite at the record release last Saturday!
Tonight. LP release show. Be there, Asheville.
12.1.12 - our LP release show for SPITE!
One week away! It’d be rad to see a lot of friends here. Plus, all of the bands playing are rad.
Check out two of them:
Means Well doesn’t have music recorded yet but when they do, you’ll want on that shit.