Stream & Order our new 7” records!
Split w/ Break-Ups (Tour Van Records)
Split w/ The Fake Boys (Bitter Melody Records)
Split w/ Control Group (Speedowax Records [UK])
(scroll through the list of records for all available pressings)
Split w/ Late Bloomer (Kiss of Death Records)
We will have the Break-Ups, Fake Boys, and Late Bloomer splits with us at our record release on 10/28 AND at Fest 12 in a couple of weeks! Hopefully we will also have Fest 12 editions of the Control Group split 7” with us, too.
Old Flings / The Fake Boys split 7”
Do not snooze on this release. This is the best split release for 2013.
And then go see them play at Fest 12.
Hey. This is going up in the Bitter Melody online store this evening. Scope it out and order up.
100 on Pepto pink, 150 on sea green, 250 on black. Too fucking pumped for life.
What’s Up for the Rest of the Year
While we’ve been fairly inactive (at least with playing shows), we’ve been busy getting other affairs in order. So in case you’re wondering what we’ve been up to, here ya go:
We took off the month of August to spend some much needed time with our friends and loved ones. Springs has also been busy with work and will be out of town for most of September and into October. Matt and I are gearing up to go back to school in 2014 so we can be cool like Springs and have adult jobs.
We started slowing down with shows in the Spring and began focusing on getting prepared for a handful of split 7” releases. We will be back to playing shows again right before FEST 12!
- Oct 27th - Virginia Beach, VA @ Smoked Out for TOBEYFEST with the likes of The Menzingers, The Fake Boys, Candy Hearts, Luther, Turnover, Daylight, and a special surprise headliner! [link]
- Oct 28th - Asheville, NC @ The Odditorium; our record release for the Break-Ups split 7”! Featuring our good buds in The Fake Boys and Candy Hearts. [link]
- THE FEST! Nov 2nd - Gainesville, FL @ Loosey’s from 8:50p - 9:20p, along with Tiny Empires (members of O’Pioneers and New Bruises), Late Bloomer, Grievers, Crimes, No Weather Talks, and The Young Leaves!
- THE FEST! Nov 3rd - Gainesville, FL @ CMC from 1:50p - 2:20p, Matt will be playing an acoustic set! Along with Jesse Litwa of Broadcaster, Max Stern of Signals Midwest, Julie Karr, Born Without Bones, Onward Etc., and many others.
And some updates on our upcoming releases:
- The split 7” with Break-Ups is done and shipping now! Go grab one from Tour Van Records. We will have our copies very soon!
- The split 7” with The Fake Boys (Bitter Melody Records) should be finished soon and it looks like we’ll have copies by the end of October!
- In addition to the Fake Boys split, Bitter Melody is releasing a lathe cut of an acoustic track, "Funeral Mixtape" exclusively for FEST 12! The full-band version of which will be on the Fake Boys split.
- Hopefully, test presses for the split 7” with Late Bloomer (Kiss of Death Records) will be on their way soon. This release may or may not be available at Fest, but we’ll keep everyone posted as we know more. We’re just excited to be working with the folks at KOD! <3
- UK fans will be getting two exclusive splits from us, both via Speedowax Records. The first one is with NYs Control Group and is available for preorder! The second one is still in the works, so we’re keeping a tight lid on the details for now.
- Possibly some of the most exciting news we’ve had the chance to give you: Germany’s very own Coffeebreath & Heartache will be re-releasing our debut full-length SPITE in Europe. We couldn’t be feel more excited and accomplished by this. Hopefully we’ll get to give you more details on this development soon!
That about wraps it up for now. We have no plans for touring at the moment, but don’t worry, we can’t stay away from the road for long. <3
Long live the broken heart!
- Jordan / Old Flings
We’re pretty damn excited, so keep your eyes and ears open for info regarding those babies.
As for the releases we haven’t brought up yet, those announcements will come in due time. We can’t talk about them yet (we don’t wanna jinx it, ya know), but chances are you’ll almost be as excited as we are. Trust us when we say that no secret is too tiny.
Anyway, here are the latest updates to our list of dates for the year, which include a weekender with Atlanta’s BURNERS, a short string of shows with Orlando’s THE NEW LOWS, and various Spring festivals in the South East!
3/29 - Birmingham, AL @ The Forge w/ Burners, The Fourth Estate, Driving Range, Moral Authority
3/30 - Nashville, TN @ Spaghetti Spaghetti HQ w/ Burners, locals TBA
3/31 - Chattanooga, TN @ Sluggo’s North w/ Burners, Test Dream, The Victory Lap Kids, Beard Wolf
4/14 - Richmond, VA @ The Camel for STAY SWEET FEST III (sold out!)
5/10 - Durham, NC @ Motorco Music Hall for DTFH FEST III (tickets: http://motorcomusic.com/death-to-false-hope-fest-iii) 5/18 - Charlotte, NC @ Lunchbox Records for TREASURE FEST III (tickets: http://treasurefest.blogspot.com/)
6/15 - Atlanta, GA @ TBA w/ The New Lows
6/16 - Asheville, NC @ Apothecary w/ The New Lows, Means Well
6/17 - Charlotte, NC @ The Milestone w/ The New Lows
6/18 - Chapel Hill, NC @ TBA w/ The New Lows
Hey Asheville, find yourself at these killer shows this week! Beginning tonight with ONE WIN CHOICE (final tour!), ASTPAI (from Austria!), ITTO, EDHOCHULI, SHORES, MUSCLE & BONE, and FRESH PRINTS. Head to the Get Down in the next 45 minutes and experience an experience.
Then, Thursday, we play with Lowell, MA’s THE FAKE BOYS. I love this band. And our friends MEANS WELL are playing their first show, too. They are also fantastic. This show will be at The Murder Basement (West Asheville). Hit us up for directions.