“Black Hearts” Fall Tour 2012
Okay, here is as much complete information regarding our upcoming tour as we have at the time of departure. First off, let me say how I wish we could be heading out for longer than just 8 days, but my job and my desire to not have to look for work right before the holidays prevented that from happening.
Second, we are all very excited to be taking two friends with us: Ally Hoffman, who I used to know from hanging out in Charlotte every other weekend in 2004. Ally moved back to Charlotte from Austin a few months ago and now sings in an amazing new band called CENTER OF THE SUN. Check them out if you love gloomy, poppy, dreamy stuff, and My Bloody Valentine. Next, we will be picking up Roger Anderson in his hometown of Richmond, VA. Roger plays bass for two of Richmond’s best bands, SPRINGTIME and FAMILY CAT. We love Roger immensely and can’t wait to spend a week with him. Ladies, he is single and ready to mingle.
Now, onto the tour!
- Sunday, 11/11 - Johnson City, TN @ The Hideaway (235 E Main St) w/ SUNDALE, MUSCLE & BONE. 10pm. $5. All ages. [ReverbNation]
- Monday, 11/12 - Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter (929 W Grace St) w/ SPRINGTIME, CLOSE TALKER, YOUTH VIOLENCE. 5pm. $5. All ages. [FB event]
- Tuesday, 11/13 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Cracker Factory (house show) w/ STABLE BOYS, MIKE BELL & THE MOVIES, ROB,LATELY & THE HAUNTS. 8pm. $5. All ages. [FB event]
- Wednesday, 11/14 - Bethpage, Long Island, NY @ Mr. Beery’s (4019 Hempstead Tpke) w/ BASTARD CUT, BROADCASTER, POLYGON. 8pm. $5. 21+. [FB event]
- Thursday, 11/15 - Somerville, MA @ PA’s Lounge (345 Somerville Avenue) w/ THE FAKE BOYS, NEW WARDEN, TROPHY LUNGS. 8pm. 21+. [FB event]
- Friday, 11/16 - Providence, RI @ AS220 (115 Empire St) w/ CAUGHT IN A CROWD, FUCKING INVINCIBLE, TEST OF TIME, THE WAIT, VIOLENCE TO FADE. 9pm. $6. All ages. [FB event]
- Saturday, 11/17 - York, PA @ The Depot (360 W Cottage Place) w/ OLDE TIGERS, TIGHT FITS. 8pm. $3. 21+. [website]
- Sunday, 11/18 - Roanoke, VA @ The Shelf House (1624 Patterson Ave) w/ BASTARDS OF FATE. 9pm. $5. All ages. [FB event]
What an absolute blast this past weekend was. Thank you to everyone who put us on a show (Matt Watson, Rachel Taft, Reilly Embrey), bought merch, fed us food, let us play in your house, Grant McCracken for tagging along (and even driving), all the old friends we ran into (Tara, Nate, Dan Craycray, Cali, Rachel, Stephen Kent), all the new friends we made, and all the rad bands we played with (Swordmasters of Ginaz, Dead Ellington, This is Your Life, Tiebreaker, True Worth, Hard Evidence).
Also, if you’ve never been to Roanoke, VA, they have a sick DIY house spot that kids are really excited about. Don’t pass up on this small town with a huge hunger for great hardcore and punk music. Truly amazing place and people.
Enter the Doomsday Year!
2011 has been a fun year for us. Over this past year, we went from being a small-time, “on the side” sort of project to giving serious priority to our endeavors and making an effort to construct this band into a true and constant outlet for Matt, Travis, and I. Thus, we are very excited to enter 2012 with a bunch of shows already lined up, with the likes of The Menzingers and the Ataris!
- 1/13/12 - Charlotte, NC @ The Milestone w/ The Menzingers, the Not Likelys, Homewrecker, Young & Barren [facebook event]
- 1/14/12 - Durham, NC @ Motorco Music Hall w/ B-Side Project, To Hell with Babe Ruth [facebook event]
- 1/15/12 - Richmond, VA @ House Show
- 1/19/12 - Asheville, NC @ Craggy Brewing
- 2/6/12 - Asheville, NC @ The Get Down w/ The Ataris, On the Take, The DiMarcos [facebook event]
- 2/10/12 - Hickory, NC @ Copperbean Coffee w/ Dear Kavalier
And we promise more to come. We’re also almost finished writing for our full-length record, which will see the light of day through the wonderful Bitter Melody Records!
Lastly, Matt has two shows in January with his other musical endeavors (Just Die! & solo, respectively) that you should know about: